Thursday, 8 May 2014

Looking back at your at your Preliminary Task, what do you feel you have you learnt in the progression from it to the full product?

Going back to the start of the course when me and my group were in the process of producing the preliminary task till now, I can honestly say I have learnt an awful lot about making a film and all the neccessary things needed to make a film to a professional standard. If you look at back at my preliminary task the standard of the film was terribly. The experience from the Preliminary task showed me that without creating a good storyboard your film will always we lacking in terms of quality such as which shot you use for each scene or the location of the shoot. In addition to it I have learnt a lot about organisation and how proper organisation can make your film better. For instance in the preliminary task I had we had people in our group not turning up to the shoot because they didn't know where they were meant to be and also having contengency plans for things going wrong such as the weather affecting the shoot. In terms of my camera skills, at the start of the course I remember being totally clueless about how to use a camera and even switch on a camera. By far this was my least favour part of the course. But gradually throughout my preliminary task my quality of shot improved. I also learnt about the importance of tripods as without using it the you would shaking shots which will make the film not great. However when deciding which film genre I wanted to create my film about, it didn't take a whole lot thinking as I knew quite a lot about genres as I watch a lot film and Tv shows everyweek. I believe having in depth knowledge about genres helped me know different codes and convention of different genre therefore helping me out with my own film.I watch a lot of Crime drama based films and Tv shows such as Top Boy and I used those reoccuring themes and ideas in those shows to help create my film similar to those in the crime drama genre.Also since starting the course I feel I have started seeing films in the different light and applying some media knowledge when I'm watching the films. In my preliminary task I didn't include a soundrack and it wasn't good, but since I how know how important a soundtrack in a film is. Its the different between a good film and bad film as it can convey different meaining to scene therefore giving your audience different interpretation to think about. Througout the course we were shown films with and without sound and it portrays different emotions. I think sound is so important if you want your audience to understand your film. For the technology side of the course I wasn't really good. But using industry standard equipment helped me in making my final. Using Final Cut X pro was completely alien to me as in the editing stage in my preliminary task I found it hard to use it. Problems such as trying to incoporate sound and cut and improving my footage. But during the course I grasp how to use it well such as how to add sound effects and visual effects.

No comments:

Post a Comment